Comprehensive reviews of local bylaws are needed to support local implementation of the Climate Action Plan and to incorporate best practices for adapting to climate change. This session will provide an overview of three model bylaws – two address development along the coast and in floodplains, and the third addresses siting and project review of large-scale solar installations. Adoption and implementation of these bylaws by local municipalities will help communities regulate development in the region’s most vulnerable areas and direct solar projects to appropriate sites.
- Heather McElroy | Natural Resources Manager, Cape Cod Commission
- Kristin Uiterwyk | Director, Urban Harbors Institute, UMass-Boston
- Barbara Landau | Lawyer, Noble, Wickersham & Heart LLP
- Shannon Hulst | Deputy Director, Cape Cod Cooperative Extension; Floodplain Specialist and Community Rating Systems Coordinator, Cape Cod Cooperative Extension and Woods Hole Sea Grant
- Jessica Rempel | Natural Resources Analyst, Cape Cod Commission
- Janet Williams | Secretary, Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative