OneCape Breakout Session | Monday, July 31, 2023 | 3:30 P.M.
Beyond What We See: Understanding Cape Cod Ponds
While ponds may look like pools of water scattered across Cape Cod’s landscape, they are also dynamic systems, interconnected with other water resources, and habitat for many species. This session will explore changes in ecology, recreational use, and management of Cape Cod ponds across all four seasons. Attendees will learn about what changes underneath the surface throughout the year and how this influences water quality monitoring, management, and recreation.
- Liz Moran, PhD, Planning and Restoration Specialist, Anchor QEA, LLC
- Russ Kleekamp, Associate, GHD
- Andrew Gottlieb, Executive Director, Association to Preserve Cape Cod
- Tara Nye Lewis, Water Resources Analyst, Cape Cod Commission
- Kathleen Mason, Water Resources Analyst, Cape Cod Commission
- Tim Pasakarnis, PhD, Water Resources Analyst, Cape Cod Commission